Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hit the Ground Running

Even though I have been back on campus for quite some time now, it has been a crazy start. One of the best and worst parts of returning to school is falling back into a routine.  I finally figured out my summer routine and managed to juggle both jobs - sort of - and now I have to revamp my whole schedule.

There's new classes, new people, old people, new adventures, old traditions, and they all have to fit into one schedule! So now they're all going in one blog post! Yikes...here we go.


First things first, Meghan was here for my whole first week of school. Even though I had to spend quite a bit of time in class, it was priceless to spend time with her.  She got to meet everyone I keep telling her about.  She got to see everything I've always mentioned (except for the Brother Paul Trail which sadly got torn down).  We ate at all my favorite restaurants...and my not so favorite cafeteria.  The leftovers saved us from many trips to the dreaded cafeteria thank goodness.  My favorite for sure was when Me, Meg, and three of my best gal friends went to this Italian restaurant called Portifino's.  They have some of the best pasta I have ever tasted.  The four cheese (which has an Italian name that I cannot pronounce or spell) is literally heavenly cream as it slides over your taste buds.  Its deliciousness was nearly indescribable.  Aside from the food, we played volleyball with everyone, went on a couple walks, saw City of Bones. which I was certainly not disappointed by, and caught up on Pretty Little Liars.  Overall, it was a wonderful visit. There were two bad parts of our visit: when she left and when I realized I didn't take a single photo while she was here.

The next week I tried to jump into a routine between Daniel, my friends, God, and of course school. I quickly managed to get a job at a local pub, which will be a great help when I need to pay for the spring.  It's been interesting so far, but it definitely makes me miss my restaurant job back home. It's quite a bit smaller, but my coworkers, managers, and guests are all sweet. While that has been occupying my evenings, I have been getting up early to go to adoration with Daniel before breakfast and classes. Then the day quickly comes to end with homework, friends, and food. Just as I was getting adjusted, I went on a trip to southern Georgia.

It was the first time I'd been on another college campus which was very interesting for sure. I had a lot of fun meeting my friend's new friends and seeing the campus. It was definitely too short of a trip, but it was great to go to the beach, see everything she's always been talking about and hammock - which is apparently a big deal down there.

After all of that, I'm back here. So there's all my excuses for not blogging sooner. Now that I feel like I've done myself some justice,  I will return to more analytic posts on specific moments and thoughts as they come up. Hope everyone's having a great back-to-school season! Talk to y'all soon!

1 comment:

  1. So I guess for many days now you have been "Flynn Rider". If you blog, it has to be big great and inspiring. Nobody want a "Eugene Fitzherbert" story about what happened yesterday. You attended St. Theresa Catholic school for 9 years, did you learn nothing from it's patroness? Do the little things with great love and reverence toward God, let Him make them into something more.
    I would like to start the chant, all your reader are thinking, "Bring back Eugene! Bring back Eugene! BRING BACK EUGENE!!!"

    ReplyDelete