Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Monday, April 8, 2013

That Country Feeling

As I stated in Spring is Here!, the weather here has been absolutely beautiful.  The crickets are chirping. The birds are flitting about and singing to one another. The students are roaming around campus and enjoying the weather. The breeze is sprinkling flower petals from the cherry blossoms across the grounds. Everything is more light-hearted and cheery.

I was driving back from the city this afternoon after dropping Daniel off with the windows rolled down.  The warm breeze caressed my cheeks and played with the baby hairs that refuse to stay in my ponytail.  The air seeped into my lungs, filling me with a sense of peace. The sound of cars pushing through the hot air played in the background like a subtle lullaby. Completely content from the atmosphere around me, I turned on the radio, looking for a station that fit my mood.


Pop, rap, rock came on, but none of them satisfied my mood.  Finally, I landed on a familiar country song. I paused with my fingers over the search button as memories of my family, past summers, and good times filled my mind. Slowly, I turned up the radio and lowered the windows a little further. As Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me" blasted from the radio, I found myself sitting back and smiling. I couldn't help but get that Country Feeling from so long ago. I used to listen to country music all the time, and as I listened to station, the songs were all still familiar, and I could still relate to them or at least sing along.

It's that time of year my friends, and if you've never been a country music fan, you've never understood the meaning of summer. It's time to "roll my windows down and cruise." (Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise"). Turn up that deep country voice or sweet southern melody. Let the music fill your soul and bring a smile to your lips. My friends, it's time to catch that Country Feeling. Hello summer! Hello Luke BryanCarrie UnderwoodTim McGrawRascal Flatts, and all you other country singers! Can't wait for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment