Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bucket List

We may not all have "To-do" lists or schedule out our days, but we all do have things we want to get done during a twenty-four hour period.  For me, that list seems to pile up and overflow into several days rather than getting done all in a single day. I plan on getting tomorrow's homework done, getting some exercise, calling a friend, eating 3 meals, get at least 6 hours of sleep, going to my classes, take a nap, clean up, start next week's paper, catch up on a TV show...and before I can stop myself, I have booked a 30-hour day for my 24 hour day.

If I had extra hours in my day, I would include other hobbies and things I would like to do.  If I had extra hours, I would visit the adoration chapel.  I would FINALLY finish reading Pride and Prejudice, I would work on the book I've written. I would write more short stories and poems. I would practice piano. I would find old movies and watch them with my friends. I would call my family - everyday. I would learn how to paint. I would read more theology books. I would write longer blog posts.


While we have these daily lists, everyone has things on their list of things they want to do before they die, their "Bucket List." There are always things we would like to do now, whether it be today or tomorrow or later this week, that we cannot do so soon. There are things we would like to do. People we would like to meet. Places we would like to go. People we would like to be.

Personally, I would like to go skydiving or snorkeling. I would have loved meeting Pope John Paul II or to meet J.K. Rowling  or Emma Watson. I would adore visiting Italy or Greece. Also, visiting Vatican City is on my list. I would like to be a published author and a married woman. Most of all, I want to be a mother. There are so many things we all want in life, the problem is figuring out when to get them all done, and if we cannot get them all done, we must prioritize. What is most important? What would we regret passing by? Eventually, and most likely unconsciously, we will all have to make these decisions.

What's on your "bucket list?" What would you do if you had more time? Comment Below!

2 comments:

  1. My "bucket list" would be to help my children complete everything on their "bucket list".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably be quite a challenge! You must be a very generous parent then :)
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete