Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Brewing and Booming

Aside from the morning sickness in the first trimester, this has been a relatively physically easy pregnancy. As we were going to all of these classes and learning about labor and delivery, I remember thinking to myself, Jeez, I wonder if I'll hit the point where I'll actually WANT to go through labor and delivery because the pregnancy will be uncomfortable...What if the pregnancy continues to go so smoothly that when it's time, I'm like "it's ok, baby, you don't have to come out." Well, no worries, Amanda, you will be done with pregnancy when it's time!



I will be full term on Friday! How crazy is that? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was drinking martinis with Sarah and my husband as we gazed out at Boston from the fortieth-something floor wondering if my negative pregnancy test was wrong. Now we're 3 short weeks from my due date. Short weeks. Ha. NO.

Although time has passed relatively quickly (thank you God for filling my calendar), I often find myself checking my phone or a calendar throughout the day recounting and reanalyzing how far the due date is because, y'all, pregnancy is uncomfortable. I've been having fake contractions pretty much every day for the past two weeks (along with less pleasant no-need-to-be-public symptoms). It's exhausting.

It's not just exhausting physically though. Every time I get more than one fake contraction in an hour, I grab my phone and start recording how far apart they are until they stop. I'm not sure if I'm driving Daniel crazy yet, but I'm starting to drive myself crazy. I know that most first children come late. I know that. I know that I have no particular reason to think the baby will come early. I know that. Still, I don't know if it's paranoid impatience or mother's intuition - it's definitely the first, but hopefully it's also the second, so I can stop feeling like a crazy person - but I feel like the baby will come early. I can't help my gut...but I have no way of knowing, until that moment when it finally happens, if I'm right or not.

In the meantime, thanks to an INGENIOUS friend of mine, I have several clients for Writing Right! I am very near to making back Daniel and my initial investment, and I am incredibly relieved by that. Hopefully it'll continue into a profit that will at least cover diapers. :)

I was originally worried that editing and tutoring would be difficult because it would be different from teaching, but I have been relieved to find that it still comes naturally, and I really enjoy it. It's been an excellent distraction, a huge mood booster, and the best reminder that with a little trust and faith in God, myself, and those who love me, everything will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment