Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers

It seems the perfect way to return to my blog is to focus on yesterday and honor tomorrow.  The second week of May is always important in my family because my Mom's birthday and Mother's Day happen to be very close together.  This weekend is always the opportune time to show Mom our love. So with that in mind, I'm going to just clue the people in who don't know my Mom just what a wonderful person she is.

My Mom birthed all six of us and - like my father - endures the fights and trials that a number of kids like that can bring to a home.  For me personally, she's listened to endless venting, dreaming, complaining etc.  She's given advice even when it wasn't heeded.  She supported me all through the athletics, academics, work etc.  She has put up with a lot - especially from me.

My Mom volunteers for the Church and the community more than she is asked.  She attends sports events of my siblings.  She cooks, cleans, teaches pilates, drives us around.  My Mom does a lot all at the same time. After going through college and now juggling things this summer, I can't even imagine how difficult it might be for her to volunteer, work, be a mom, be a wife, and everything else she does.  My mom is the new brand of superhero.  Her ability to balance everything and do everything she does with all the effort and dedication she always does.

I am so lucky to have a mother like her, and I can't imagine our family any other way. Happy Mother's Day! Love you Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment