Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Favorite Song

You know when there's a song that's stuck in your head all day? I usually listen to it over and over and over, thinking it'll eventually stop playing in my head, or maybe I'll get sick of it.  Oddly, I've found that the songs that seem to resonate in my mind for several days (a week now for this one) tend to be Christian. I can't help but find that ironic. Aside from the soothing melodies and instrumentals that accompany Christian music, there's something deeper draws me to these songs. The one song that has lingered with me for a week now is "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real. Because it has resounded in my thoughts for so long, it has become my favorite song. The soft instruments in the background, the honest lyrics, the clear crisp voice, all of these contribute to the song's effect on me. The chorus exemplifies its effect on me:


"Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?
Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone"

The song tells the story of a man simply trying to be the best he can be for his family and the people who depend on him. It's funny the things that God places on our hearts. He always knows what we need most, and I guess I'm going to need it in my back pocket at some point. Thank you God for your little whispers. Hope you had a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment