Image from Disney's "Tangled"

Friday, March 15, 2013

Ides of March

Yes my friends it is that day of the year - the Ides of March (my little sister's birthday).  Naturally, we discussed the assassination of Julius Caesar in Shakespeare's Play Julius Caesar in my English class. For those who are not familiar with the play, Julius is murdered by his best friend and some cronies. At his moment of death, it was not the end of his life that concerned Caesar, but the betrayal of such a friend. This got me thinking about my friends.  Although we've talked a lot about friendship in the past two semesters, it's a key concern among young people (especially women). Friendship eases the stress of self-discovery and growing up. Friends help us get through the rough patches and rejoice through triumphs. Having friends lends us security, serenity and many other gifts. I don't think people place enough value on friendship and what that means, but I suppose that's part of self-discovery and life in general. We all have our highs, our lows, our mistakes, our joys, and it takes time to figure everything out. But that's why a support system through faith, family, and especially friends is imperative as we strive to understand what life is all about. Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment